5-Minute Italian Green Sauce - a flavorful sauce featuring herbs, greens, vinegar and spices. Perfect over your favorite salad, on a pizza, with chicken, and the list goes on…
This simple Italian Green Sauce is an easy five-minute sauce with under 10 ingredients. Perfect as a salad dressing, a pizza sauce, or even as a marinade for chicken.
To make this delicious sauce, just add garlic, shallots, red wine vinegar, parsley, basil, greens (spinach, beet greens, etc.), spices, and olive oil to a
Hi there! Below you’ll find affiliate links to great products that we enjoy using in our own kitchen.
Italian Green Sauce: Tips, Tricks and Tools
All you need for this simple sauce recipe is a
Variations: Feel free to use more basil and parsley instead of spinach or beet greens. I would recommend sticking to more neutral and delicate greens (spinach, beet greens, arugula, watercress, microgreens) as heartier and more pungent greens (kale, mustard greens, chard) won’t blend as well and/or will cause the sauce to be bitter.
Ideas for using Italian Green Sauce:
- Use it as a pizza sauce - it’s especially good with a breakfast pizza or with zucchini and prosciutto.
- Drizzle it over your favorite salad or even veggie side dish.
- Spread it on a sandwich.
- Mix it into a grain like quinoa or rice for a flavorful Italian twist.
We hope you love this 5-Minute Italian Green Sauce!
It’s quick, simple, and the perfect sauce for just about any salad, side dish, veggie or protein!
Did you enjoy this 5-Minute Italian Green Sauce as much as we do?
Comment below! And rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Not making it today? Save this Italian Green Sauce for later by pinning it to your Sauces Recipes Board and make sure to tag us at The Crooked Carrot Instagram to show us your 5-Minute Italian Green Sauce creations!
"I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question." - Harun Yahya
5-minute Italian Green Sauce
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot cut into chunks
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup parsley
- ½ cup basil
- 2 cups greens beet / spinach greens
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- Combine: Add all ingredients, except olive oil, into a blender or food processor. Pulse until mixture is chopped. Slowly add in olive oil while the food processor is running until well combined and smooth. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that should you purchase something through the link, The Crooked Carrot will receive a small commission. The item cost remains the same regardless of whether you purchase through our link or not.
ONE MORE THING!
This recipe is part of our collection of green recipes. Check it out!