Black Bean Chocolate Mousse Tart - sweet and salty crust, fudgy, chocolatey and made with a fiber-filled secret ingredient. This no-bake Chocolate Mousse Tart is naturally sweetened and makes for one stunning dessert.
We have an almond and date crust that’s a little sweet, a little salty, chewy and crunchy. It’s decidedly one of my favorite crusts to make. So good, it might just turn into a treat of its own!
Hi there! Below you’ll find affiliate links to great products that we enjoy using in our own kitchen. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The filling is light and creamy with a sweet fudgy taste. I know what you’re thinking, “how can it be light and fudgy?” The secret ingredient in this mousse tart is black beans! Now before you hit that back button and never return, hear me out.
You can’t even tell there are black beans in this tart, but they’re the key to making it creamy and fudgy. While I was testing this tart, I gave Dalton a little taste and he immediately asked for a bowl full... It was then that I told him it was made of black beans and he simply looked at me with surprise and said “really?” Seriously, you’d never guess this tart is made with black beans and it’s a great way to sneak in some extra fiber.
Did I mention this tart is naturally sweetened, gluten-free, no-bake and vegan? Creamy, dreamy and you don’t have to bake it. Alright then, let’s get to it!
How to make this Black Bean Chocolate Mousse Tart
1 - Prepare the crust: Add almonds to a
2 - Melt the chocolate. Add chocolate chips to a
3 - Prepare the filling. While the chocolate is melting, add the black beans to a
4 - Pour the filling into the tart crust and spread evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. You can also freeze this tart for a more ice cream cake-like dessert, or remove it from the fridge and let it soften for a creamy mousse-like texture. I prefer the mousse-like texture, but then again, I’m not a huge fan of ice cream cakes. You do you.
5 - Top with chopped almonds and a drizzle of dark chocolate. Enjoy!
Black Bean Chocolate Mousse Tart: Tips, Tricks and Tools
Tools: You’ll need a
This tart isn’t super sweet, so if you know you want it sweeter, add a few extra dates to the filling.
If you’re not a fan of coffee (what!?), you can just use milk instead.
High quality ingredients: Since this is a chocolate tart, don’t skimp on the chocolate. Get the good stuff, ideally dark chocolate for some added antioxidants. Look for fair trade if possible.
We hope you love this decadent Chocolate Mousse Tart!
It’s no-bake, vegan, gluten-free and naturally sweetened. Super easy, full of fiber and creamy and fudgy.
Did you enjoy this Chocolate Mousse Tart as much as we did?
Comment below! And rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Not making it today? Save this Chocolate Mousse Tart for later by pinning it to your Dessert Recipes Board and make sure to tag us on Instagram @crooked.carrot to show us your Chocolate Mousse Tart creations!
Black Bean Chocolate Mousse Tart
- 1 cup almonds
- 10 dates soak in water to soften if needed
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk plant-based or regular
- 1 can (15-oz) black beans drained and rinsed
- 8 dates soft
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup coffee or milk
- Prepare crust. Add almonds to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add dates, cocoa powder, coconut oil and salt. Blend until it forms a crumbly, but sticky mixture. Transfer to your tart pan and press into the bottom and up the sides slightly to form the crust.
- Melt the chocolate. In a double-boiler, melt chocolate and milk together, stirring until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth and cohesive.
- Prepare the filling. Add the black beans to the food processor and blend until smooth. Then add the dates, coconut oil, coffee and melted chocolate. Blend until completely smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer the filling to the tart pan and spread out evenly. Place the tart in the fridge or freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with chopped almonds and a drizzle of dark chocolate. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that should you purchase something through the link, The Crooked Carrot will receive a small commission. The item cost remains the same regardless of whether you purchase through our link or not. Any commission earned simply helps us continue to provide all our great content to you. From seasonal recipes to simple nutrition insights & sustainable zero waste tips, we have lots more to give!