Spiced Pear Oatmeal Bake - A cozy baked oatmeal recipe filled with oats, nutmeg and pears. A delicious fall-food inspired breakfast recipe.
Cool fall mornings call for a warm and yummy breakfast. My first thought…pancakes and waffles, but most are sugar-laden and full of refined-flour. These ingredients don’t often result in feeling full for very long and aren’t so great for your blood sugar levels.
Don’t get me wrong, I love to enjoy pancakes and waffles every once in a while, but when I need a breakfast that will keep me feeling satisfied, these sweet treats just won’t cut it. Cue the wholesome, fiber-filled goodness of oats!
This delicious fall-food inspired spiced pear oatmeal bake hits the spot. Oats are a whole grain, and are a true superfood packing in over 4 grams of fiber per cup!
Oats even have a specific type of fiber called beta-glucan that’s known to help lower cholesterol. This oat-filled breakfast bake will satisfy the taste buds, and keep you feeling full longer than a sugar-packed breakfast.
Our spiced pear oatmeal bake is a great make-ahead recipe and perfect for a cozy weekend breakfast.
Hi there! Below you’ll find affiliate links to great products that we enjoy using in our own kitchen.
Ready to make this Spiced Pear Oatmeal Bake? Let’s go!
1 - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice pears, grease a 8x8 baking pan and line the bottom of the pan with pear slices.
2 - Mix dry ingredients: In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, flaxseed, baking powder, spices and chopped pears. Spread dry ingredients out evenly in the baking pan.
3 - Mix wet ingredients: In the same large bowl, combine eggs (whisk), milk, honey, vanilla and coconut oil.
4 - Combine. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the baking pan with the dry ingredients. Top with remaining sliced pears and sprinkle with a bit of nutmeg and a handful of oats.
5 - Bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6 - Let cool 5-10 minutes. Garnish with fresh mint and a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
Spiced Pear Oatmeal Bake: Tips, Tricks and Tools
This oatmeal bake is not super sweet. Feel free to add more sweetener if you’d like. I generally make the bake less sweet and add maple syrup upon serving if I want it to be sweeter.
Make it dairy-free by using a plant-based milk like almond milk or soy milk.
Make it gluten-free by using certified gluten-free oats.
We hope you love this Spiced Pear Oatmeal Bake!
Did you enjoy this Spiced Pear Oatmeal Bake as much as we do?
Comment below! And rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Not cooking today? Save this Spiced Pear Oatmeal Bake for later by pinning it to your Breakfast Recipes Board and make sure to tag us at The Crooked Carrot Instagram to show us your Spiced Pear Oatmeal Bake creations!
Spiced Pear Oatmeal Bake
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (plus one handful) divided + garnish
- 2 pears divided 1 sliced, 1 diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt a pinch
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk regular or nut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- mint for garnish
- maple syrup spread over top
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease 8×8 inch baking pan. Line bottom of baking pan with sliced pears.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, flax, baking powder, spices and chopped pears. Spread dry ingredients evenly in the baking pan.
- Mix wet ingredients: In a medium bowl, combine eggs (whisked), milk, honey, vanilla and coconut oil.
- Combine: Slowly add wet ingredients to the baking pan. Top with remaining sliced pears. Sprinkle nutmeg and a handful of oats on top of mixture.
- Bake: 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Chill: Let cool 5-10 minutes. Garnish with mint and a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that should you purchase something through the link, The Crooked Carrot will receive a small commission. The item cost remains the same regardless of whether you purchase through our link or not. Any commission earned simply helps us continue to provide all our great content to you. From seasonal recipes to simple nutrition insights & sustainable zero waste tips, we have lots more to give!