Mexican Corn Pasta Salad - Super easy, fresh and flavorful. This Mexican Corn Salad is perfect for your next BBQ or potluck!
We made this pasta salad for our July 4th BBQ and it was a hit. Picture a beautiful summer day (with the inevitable front range Colorado afternoon thunderstorm), grilling, lake life, and this super easy Mexican Corn Pasta Salad with black beans, cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, a chili-lime dressing and fresh corn straight off the cob.
Ready in 30 minutes and sure to be a hit at your next BBQ!
This Mexican Corn Pasta Salad is quick, flavorful, vegetarian (easily made vegan) and can be made in advance!
Hi there! Below you’ll find affiliate links to great products that we enjoy using in our own kitchen.
Ready to make this Summery Mexican Corn Pasta Salad? Let’s go!
1 - Cook the pasta. Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
2 - While the pasta is cooking, halve the tomatoes, remove the corn from the cob and slice the avocado. Transfer to the large bowl with the pasta and add in the black beans and herbs.
3 - Prepare dressing. In a mason jar or small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and shake or whisk until combined.
4 - Serve. Add the dressing just before serving and garnish with green onions and cheese. Enjoy!
Mexican Corn Pasta Salad: Tips, Tricks and Tools
This simple pasta salad recipe requires just a few tools including a medium pot to cook the pasta, mixing bowls and a good kitchen knife and cutting board.
Whole grain or vegetable based pasta adds fiber and nutrients or go gluten-free with a pasta that‘s chickpea or bean-based.
Quality ingredients. The quality and taste of our meals depends on the quality and taste of our ingredients. Get local, organic tomatoes, corn and herbs as much as possible. Not only is it better for your health and the environment, but they’ll taste better too!
We hope you love this simple Mexican Corn Pasta Salad!
- Super simple and quick, perfect for a potluck or BBQ
- Plant-based and easily vegan recipe
- Great for a weeknight dinner or side pasta salad
Craving more simple BBQ recipes? Check out our other delicious Potluck and BBQ recipes like this Crispy Jicama Apple Salad or our Easy Moroccan Quinoa Salad.
Did you enjoy this Mexican Corn Salad as much as we do?
Comment below! And rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Not cooking today? Save this Mexican Corn Pasta Salad for later by pinning it to your Mexican Recipes Board and make sure to tag us at The Crooked Carrot Instagram to show us your Mexican Corn Salad Pasta creations!
"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo
Mexican Corn Salad
- 1 pound whole grain pasta rotini, penne or other small pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn
- 1 avocado skin removed, diced
- 1 handful basil julienne
- 1 handful cilantro
- green onions, feta, cojita cheese for garnish (vegan? omit or use vegan cheese)
Chili Lime Dressing
- 2 limes juice + zest
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pepper to taste
- Boil pasta: Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to directions until al dente.
- Combine: In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, black beans, corn, avocado and herbs.
- Whisk: In a jar or small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and shake or whisk until combined.
- Mix: Just before serving, pour dressing over salad mixture and stir until combined. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that should you purchase something through the link, The Crooked Carrot will receive a small commission. The item cost remains the same regardless of whether you purchase through our link or not. Any commission earned simply helps us continue to provide all our great content to you. From seasonal recipes to simple nutrition insights & sustainable zero waste tips, we have lots more to give!
Leave a Reply