Easy 5-Seed Crackers - crunchy, whole grain crackers packed with 5 different kinds of seeds. They’re seedsational!
We’re heading on our much overdo backpacking trip to see Maroon Bells! THE most photographed spot in Colorado is about to be the centerpiece of just a couple more photos :-).We’ve been preparing our backpacking meals and snacks all week. We love to keep it homemade as much as possible, for a number of reasons…
- Making food items at home produces less waste.
- You know EXACTLY what’s going into your food.
- We’re not limited to those boring store-bought backpacking meals.
- Homemade stuff just tastes better!
So we made these Easy 5-Seed Crackers to bring along on our backpacking trip. They’re hearty and crunchy and are filled with nutrient-dense seeds to keep our energy up.
Hi there! Below you’ll find affiliate links to great products that we enjoy using in our own kitchen.
Ready to make these Easy 5-Seed Crackers? Let’s do it!
1 - Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2 - Mix the dough. In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, seeds, rosemary and salt. Then add honey and water and stir until it forms a damp ball. The dough should come together into a ball - add more water one tablespoon at a time if it’s too dry.
3 - Spread the dough. Carefully spread the dough out on a half size lined baking sheet. The dough should be thin without holes. It can be tricky to spread the dough out, I like to use a rubber scraper, and a dash of patience.
4 - Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven, reduce heat to 300 degrees F and score/cut the crackers into your desired shape/size. Return to oven and bake for another 55-65 minutes.
5 - Cool and enjoy! Remove from the oven once the crackers are brown and crispy, let cook and break into crackers. Enjoy!
Easy 5-Seed Crackers: Tips, Tricks and Tools
There are a few tools that will make making these crackers easier including mixing bowls, half size baking sheet and silicone baking mat (VERY helpful for these crackers). It’s also helpful to have a pastry cutter or dough divider.
Make it gluten-free by using gluten-free flour (garbanzo flour works great!) and use certified gluten-free oats.
We hope you love this Easy 5-Seed Crackers!
Did you enjoy these Easy 5-Seed Crackers as much as we do?
Comment below! And rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Not making them today? Save these Easy 5-Seed Crackers for later by pinning it to your Snacks Recipes Board and make sure to tag us at The Crooked Carrot Instagram to show us your Easy 5-Seed Cracker creations!
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." - Mark Twain
Easy 5-Seed Crackers
- 1 1/2 cups rye flour
- 1 cup quick cook oats
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey Vegan: use agave
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Preheat: Set oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine: In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (that’s everything minus honey/agave and water)
- Mix: Add honey/agave and water, stir until it starts to form a damp ball
- Spread: On a lined/greased baking sheet (half size), spread the dough into a thin layer (as thin as possible without holes, I used 2 baking sheets)
- Bake: Place in oven, bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, reduce heat to 300 degrees F, score/cut crackers into desirable shapes, place in oven for another 55-65 minutes
- Let cool: Once crackers are brown and crispy, remove from oven and let cool. Break and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that should you purchase something through the link, The Crooked Carrot will receive a small commission. The item cost remains the same regardless of whether you purchase through our link or not. Any commission earned simply helps us continue to provide all our great content to you. From seasonal recipes to simple nutrition insights & sustainable zero waste tips, we have lots more to give!