Vegan Thai Green Curry - an easy plant-based curry recipe featuring lentils, bok choy, herbs, and traditional curry spices.
If you’ve been following us here at AdventureBlooms, you know we love using plant-based proteins and LOVE trying foods from different cultures and regions of the world including Mediterranean, Mexican and Asian cuisines, and everything in between.
So today, we’re headed to Thailand to make an Thai-inspired green curry with bok choy.
This vegan Thai Green Curry is a new favorite weeknight dinner. Fiber-packed lentils and brown rice, plant-based protein, bok choy and a punch of flavor from those curry spices. This Thai Green Curry will become one of your favorite plant-based meals.
Hi there! Below you’ll find affiliate links to great products that we enjoy using in our own kitchen.
Ready to make this simple Thai Green Curry with Bok Choy? Let’s do it!
1 - Prepare the rice. Combine rice and stock/water in a
2 - Heat oil in a pot or
3 - Saute: Add in the rest of the veggies - bell pepper, bok choy stems and jalapeno or thai chile and saute about 10 minutes.
4 - Add in the spices, ginger, lentils and thai green curry paste and stir to combine. Then add the soy sauce and broth and let simmer until the lentils are tender, about 20-25 minutes. If the mixture becomes dry, add in ½ cup water until the lentils are tender.
5 - Once the lentils are tender, add in the coconut milk and bok choy leaves. Remove from heat.
6 - Serve: Divide the curried vegetable mixture and rice among 4-6 bowls. Garnish with basil and cilantro. Enjoy!
Thai Green Curry with Bok Choy: Tips, Tricks, and Tools
You don’t need any special tools for this Thai Green Curry, but a quality pot or
Substitute a curry powder mix for the individual spices if you’d like. Every curry powder will be a little different, but always delicious!
Double the recipe to have enough for lunch all week. This curry makes for a great meal prep recipe.
We hope you love this Vegan Thai Green Curry with Bok Choy
- Super simple and a perfect weeknight dinner
- A great source of plant-based protein from the lentils
- Bursting with flavor from the green curry paste and plethora of traditional spices
Did you enjoy this Vegan Thai Green Curry as much as we do?
Comment below! And rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Not cooking it today? Save this vegan Thai Green Curry recipe for later by pinning it to your Thai Recipes Board and make sure to tag us at The Crooked Carrot Instagram to show us your Thai Green Curry with Bok Choy creations!
"Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise." - Benjamin Franklin
Vegan Thai Green Curry
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil/olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 6-8 baby bok choy stalks leaves and stems separated, both cut into small strips
- 1 thai chili/jalepeno pepper minced
- 1 1-inch knob of ginger minced
- 3 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup brown lentils
- ½ cup soy sauce Gluten-free? Use tamari
- 2 cups broth
- 1 (13.6 oz) can coconut milk
- basil + cilantro for garnish
- Cook rice: Combine rice and 2 cups water in a medium pot, bring to a boil and let simmer until tender, ~30-40 minutes.
- Saute: Heat high-sided pan or dutch oven over medium heat, add olive oil. Add onion and garlic, saute until onions are transparent, ~5-8 minutes.
- Add the Heat: Add chili/jalepeno, bell pepper and bok choy stems, saute 10 minutes.
- Spice it up: Add ginger, spices and lentils, stir to combine. Add soy sauce and broth, let simmer until lentils are tender, ~20-25 minutes. Add ½ cup water if the mixture becomes dry.
- Nearly there: Once lentils are tender, add coconut milk and boy choy leaves. Remove from heat.
- Enjoy: Divide curried vegetable mixture and rice/naan into bowls. Garnish with basil and cilantro.
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that should you purchase something through the link, The Crooked Carrot will receive a small commission. The item cost remains the same regardless of whether you purchase through our link or not. Any commission earned simply helps us continue to provide all our great content to you. From seasonal recipes to simple nutrition insights & sustainable zero waste tips, we have lots more to give!