Spicy Habanero Carrot Dip - a plant-based spicy carrot dip that’s perfect with crackers, chips, or crudites!
I always have a few different dips in mind for all those summer potlucks and BBQs. This dip hits the spot. It’s packed with veggies (bonus #1) and presents a tasty mixture of sweet and seriously spicy flavors!
This dip is super easy! Simply roast the veggies, throw it all in a food processor and presto! You've got a sweet and spicy mix that's great as a dip or spread for your next sandwich!
Hi there! Below you’ll find affiliate links to great products that we enjoy using in our own kitchen.
Ready to make this Spicy Habanero Carrot Dip? Let’s go!
1 - Roast veggies: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F, slice carrots, sweet potato, onions and garlic. Remove the seeds and veins of the habanero (or keep them for lots of added heat). Spread veggies out on a lined baking sheet, coat with olive oil and roast about 30 minutes, or until the sweet potato and carrots are fork tender.
2 - Puree: In a food processor or blender, combine roasted vegetables, sunflower seeds, lemon juice and olive oil and blend until smooth. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture reaches the desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Spicy Habanero Carrot Dip: Tips, Tricks and Tools
Be careful when handling the habanero. I would recommend removing the seeds and veins unless you’re a serious spice lover. Also, try to minimize skin contact with the habanero peppers, and avoid touching your face after handling the peppers. I recommend wearing gloves or using a spoon to remove the seeds/veins.
Lastly, start small with the peppers - start with one and see how spicy it is. You can always add more, but you can’t take the heat away once it's there! The first time I made this delicious dip, I added way too many and it was just too spicy to eat!
Ideas for using Spicy Habanero Carrot Dip
- Pair it with fresh, crispy veggies: cut up seasonal vegetables like celery, peppers, jicama, carrots to use for dipping
- Try this dip with tortilla chips or pita chips
- Spread it over crackers or on a sandwich: use this vegan Spicy Habanero Carrot Dip with crackers, or add a flavorful kick to your next sandwich
We hope you love this Spicy Habanero Carrot Dip!
- Super flavorful dip that’s a great, plant-based substitute to mayo
- A perfect dip for crispy veggies, tortilla chips or pita chips
- Very simple and easy - great for potlucks and your next summer BBQ
Did you enjoy this Spicy Habanero Carrot Dip as much as we do?
Comment below! And rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Not making it today? Save this Spicy Habanero Carrot Dip for later by pinning it to your Snack Board and make sure to tag us at The Crooked Carrot Instagram to show us your Spicy Habanero Carrot Dip creations!
"Do your own thinking independently. Be the chess player, not the chess piece." - Ralph Charell
Spicy Habanero Carrot Dip
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 carrots roughly chopped
- 1 sweet potato peeled and sliced
- 1-3 habanero peppers stems and seeds removed - add more for added spice at your own risk 😉
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 1/4 cup water varies, but this is the max
- salt + pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Roast: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread carrots, sweet potato, habaneros, onion and garlic out on a lined baking sheet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir to coat. Roast 30 minutes or until carrots and sweet potato are tender.
- Blend: Combine vegetables, sunflower seeds, lemon juice and remaining one tablespoon olive oil in a food processor or high powered blender and blend. Add water until it reaches your desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that should you purchase something through the link, The Crooked Carrot will receive a small commission. The item cost remains the same regardless of whether you purchase through our link or not. Any commission earned simply helps us continue to provide all our great content to you. From seasonal recipes to simple nutrition insights & sustainable zero waste tips, we have lots more to give!