Chipotle Squash Tacos - Spicy, fresh, and absolutely delicious! These tacos feature chipotle peppers, pinto beans, summer squash, and our favorite sweet corn from Olathe, Colorado.
Alas, the days of summer produce are coming to an end. But I found the perfect way to savor the last of the summer squash and delicious sweet corn: Chipotle Squash Tacos!
These tacos are packed with plant-based proteins and colorful veggies. They are as simple as roasting seasoned squash, mashing pinto beans and assembling delicious tacos. Great for a weeknight meal or that perfect savory dish using the last of the summer produce.
Hi there! Below you’ll find affiliate links to great products that we enjoy using in our own kitchen.
Ready to make these spicy Chipotle Squash Tacos? Let’s do it!
1 - Prep. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut squash, remove corn from the cob, chop adobo pepper and mince garlic.
2 - In a large bowl, combine squash with seasonings, olive oil, adobo pepper and sauce. Gently stir until combined. Spread squash slices on a lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
3 - While the squash is baking, prepare the beans. In a medium bowl, combine beans, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Mash beans until they are mostly mashed with some still whole. No need to have perfectly mashed beans.
4 - Assemble tacos. Layer the beans, then squash and toppings - corn, avocado, feta, green onions, lime juice and cilantro - all on a corn tortilla. Enjoy!
Chipotle Squash Tacos: Tips, Tricks and Tools
Tools: You don’t need any special tools for these tacos, but it is helpful to have a baking sheet, silicone baking mat, and mixing bowls.
Keep the heat at bay by omitting the pepper and just using the adobo sauce.
Skip the store-bought tortillas and use our homemade corn tortillas recipe to make your own corn tortillas - sans packaging!
Make it plant-based by using vegan feta or omitting the cheese.
We hope you love these spicy Chipotle Squash Tacos!
- A simple plant-focused, gluten-free taco recipe that’s packed with plant-based proteins and colorful veggies.
- A great weeknight meal that comes together in less than an hour.
Love this simple Mexican-Inspired recipe? Check out our other delicious Mexican-inspired recipes like this Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema or our Mexican Corn Salad.
Did you enjoy Chipotle Squash Tacos as much as we do?
Comment below! And rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Not cooking today? Save this Chipotle Squash Tacos for later by pinning it to your Mexican Recipes Board and make sure to tag us at The Crooked Carrot Instagram to show us your Chipotle Squash Tacos creations!
Chipotle Squash Tacos
- 2 summer squash (medium) thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 corn tortillas use homemade!
- ½ cup corn
- 1 lime
- green onion
- feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven: 350 degrees F.
- Mix ingredients: In a large bowl, combine squash, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, chipotle powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix until squash is thoroughly coated.
- Bake: Place squash on a lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes.
- Mash beans: In the large bowl, combine beans, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Mash beans until most are mashed.
- Assemble the tacos by layering the beans, squash. Garnish with corn, lime juice, cilantro, green onions, avocado and feta cheese Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that should you purchase something through the link, The Crooked Carrot will receive a small commission. The item cost remains the same regardless of whether you purchase through our link or not. Any commission earned simply helps us continue to provide all our great content to you. From seasonal recipes to simple nutrition insights & sustainable zero waste tips, we have lots more to give!
Leave a Reply