Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema - made with roasted cauliflower, purple cabbage, lime juice, pinto beans and avocado crema. A vegetarian take on Taco Tuesday!
As a dietitian, it’s my job to stay on top of current food trends and cauliflower has been enjoying center stage for a little while now. Cauliflower rice, cauliflower steaks, cauliflower buffalo “wings”, you name it, cauliflower can be it.
Hi there! Below you’ll find affiliate links to great products that we enjoy using in our own kitchen. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As you may already know, one of my favorite ways to prepare cauliflower is roasting it. And what better way to use roasted cauliflower than Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema?!
These tacos are quick and great for a simple weeknight meal. They’re also plant-focused and full of fiber, colorful veggies and plant-based protein.
Ready to make these simple Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema? Let’s do it!
1 - Prep cauliflower. Wash cauliflower and cut it into small florets. The smaller, the better. Smaller = faster cook time and crispier cauliflower! Also preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2 - Roast: Transfer the cauliflower florets to a large bowl, add olive oil and seasonings and stir until the cauliflower is well coated. Transfer it to a lined baking sheet (links). Roast for about 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is slightly charred. Check out our post on Roasted Cauliflower for more tips on roasting this yummy veggie!
3 - Prepare pinto beans, while the cauliflower is roasting. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat, add oil and onions and saute 5-8 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Then add pinto beans, salt and pepper and cook until beans are soft. Remove from heat and, using a fork, slightly mash the beans - I like to leave some of the beans whole.
Note: don’t use a metal fork in a non-stick pan, I would recommend using a spatula or masher, or use a
4 - Prepare the avocado crema. Add avocado to a small bowl, mash until smooth. Add greek yogurt, lime zest and juice, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
5 - Assemble tacos. Spread pinto beans over each tortilla, evenly divide cauliflower among the tacos. Garnish with avocado crema, cabbage, feta cheese, and pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!
Cauliflower Tacos: Tips, Tricks and Tools
Go packaging free and check out our homemade corn tortillas recipe to make your own corn tortillas sans packaging!
Make it vegan: Use coconut or nut-based yogurt instead of greek yogurt and omit feta.
We hope you love these plant-focused Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema!
- A simple plant-focused, gluten-free taco recipe that’s packed with plant-based protein and colorful veggies.
- A great weeknight meal that comes together in less than 40 minutes.
Did you enjoy these Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema as much as we do?
Comment below! And rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Not making them today? Save these Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema for later by pinning it to your Mexican Recipes Board and make sure to tag us at The Crooked Carrot Instagram to show us your Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema creations!
Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- 1 head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- black pepper freshly ground
Seasoned Pinto Beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ large onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans ideally low sodium, drained and rinsed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Greek yogurt Vegan? Use coconut or nut-based yogurt
- 1-2 avocados 2 small or 1 large avocado
- 1 lime juice + zest
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- feta cheese
- cabbage shredded
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Roast: Add cauliflower florets to a large bowl, coat with olive oil and season with smoked paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper. Stir to coat evenly. Spread cauliflower out on a lined baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes or until tender and slightly charred.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the beans. Heat oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5-8 minutes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add beans, salt and pepper, saute until beans are soft. Remove from heat. Using a fork, roughly mash pinto beans (I like to leave some whole).
- Prepare avocado crema. Add avocado to a small bowl, mash until smooth, add Greek yogurt, lime zest and juice, salt and pepper, mix until smooth.
- Assemble tacos. Spread pinto beans over each tortilla, evenly divide cauliflower among the tacos. Garnish with avocado crema, cabbage, feta cheese, pumpkin seeds and cilantro. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that should you purchase something through the link, The Crooked Carrot will receive a small commission. The item cost remains the same regardless of whether you purchase through our link or not. Any commission earned simply helps us continue to provide all our great content to you. From seasonal recipes to simple nutrition insights & sustainable zero waste tips, we have lots more to give!