Pumpkin Nut Granola - an easy fall-inspired granola recipe made with pumpkin puree, four different types of nuts/seeds, pumpkin spice and maple syrup.
I’m a huge fan of oats - Oatmeal, Overnight Oats, Oatmeal bake. We start nearly every morning with a bowl of hearty oatmeal. Oatmeal provides whole grains, it’s a great source of fiber, and can help lower cholesterol. It’s just an all-around great way to start the day. And this Pumpkin Nut Granola features these lovely oats in a fall-inspired crunchy breakfast.
This granola can be made in advance and stored for up to a month. It’s great on its own, with milk or yogurt, or even tossed into oatmeal or baked goods for an extra crunch.
Hi there! Below you’ll find affiliate links to great products that we enjoy using in our own kitchen.
Ready to make this Pumpkin Nut Granola? Let’s go!
1 - Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2 - Mix dry ingredients - oats, pepitas, nuts, dried cranberries, chia seeds and spices - in a large bowl.
3 - Mix wet ingredients - pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla - in a small bowl.
4 - Combine wet and dry ingredients. Add the pumpkin mixture to the oat/nut mixture and stir to combine.
6 - Let cool completely, undisturbed. Then break into pieces with a spatula and enjoy!
Pumpkin Nut Granola: Tips, Tricks and Tools
Maple syrup - Use real maple syrup. You’ll want to look for syrup that is 100% real maple syrup (like from the actual tree). Watch out for those added ingredients like high fructose corn syrup, caramel coloring and gums.
Eating granola: Mix with milk (regular or nut-based) for a healthy cereal replacement. Try on top of yogurt for a tasty snack. Toss in your oatmeal for some added crunch. Add a sweet crunch to a salad by using granola instead of croutons. Toss a handful into baked goods (muffins, pancakes, banana bread) for some extra crunch!
Make it gluten-free by using Certified Gluten-Free Oats.
Make it nut-free by only using pepitas and/or sunflower seeds and omit the nuts.
This granola is made to be super sweet. Feel free to add more maple syrup. You can also sweeten this granola by adding a sweetener to serve.
We hope you love this Fall-inspired Pumpkin Nut Granola!
It’s a super simple and fall-flavored granola recipe that’s perfect for a seasonal breakfast.
Did you enjoy this Pumpkin Nut Granola as much as we do?
Comment below! And rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Not cooking today? Save this Pumpkin Nut Granola for later by pinning it to your Breakfast Recipes Board and make sure to tag us at The Crooked Carrot Instagram to show us your Pumpkin Nut Granola creations!
"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces, just good food from fresh ingredients." - Julia Child
Pumpkin Nut Granola
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup pumpkin cooked and pureed, or from a can
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil liquid
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat: Set oven to 350 degrees F..
- Mix dry ingredients: In a large bowl, combine oats, pepitas, nuts, dried cranberries, chia seeds and spices.
- Mix wet ingredients: In a small bowl, combine pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry: Add pumpkin mixture to oat/nut mixture and stir to combine.
- Bake: Spread evenly on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring half-way through. For crispy granola, be sure to pat granola back down after stirring.
- Cool: Let cool completely, undisturbed. Then break into pieces with a spatula. Store in an air-tight container for 1-2 weeks. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that should you purchase something through the link, The Crooked Carrot will receive a small commission. The item cost remains the same regardless of whether you purchase through our link or not. Any commission earned simply helps us continue to provide all our great content to you. From seasonal recipes to simple nutrition insights & sustainable zero waste tips, we have lots more to give!