Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip - quick to make and dunkably delicious. Pair with pita, crackers, crusty bread or your favorite sliced veggies.
Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip
- 2 roasted red peppers*
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper depending on your spiciness preference
- ¼ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- optional garnishes: red pepper flakes, dried oregano, olives, chopped parsely
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. If you want a thinner dip, add in some feta brine or water.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with desired garnishes.
Red pepper - You can use store-bought roasted red peppers in a jar or roast your own.
Feta cheese - Sheep’s milk feta is traditional, but whatever type of feta you can find will work. If you don’t have feta, you could also use farmer’s cheese, but keep in mind that it won’t have the same tang and may not blend up as well. Block or crumbled feta will work.
Food waste tip: don't toss the feta brine! You can use it to thin out your dip or add to soup, cook grains in it or marinate meat with it.
Lemon - I find lemon juice gives this dip a fresh zing. Alternatively, you could use red wine vinegar.
Spices - cumin, paprika, dried oregano and cayenne pepper are my favorite spices to use in this dip. You can also add red pepper flakes for some extra spice.
garlic - Just one or two cloves of raw garlic.
If you want a spicier dip, add in more cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
If you like a more herb-y flavor, add in more oregano.
Also, feel free to throw in a few extra cloves of garlic.
Serve this Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip with crusty bread, crackers, pita chips, sliced veggies.
Or add this dip to an appetizer board with hummus, pita bread and fresh figs.
Check out some other delicious dip recipes like: